If you haven't seen this little topo on social media, here is in a nutshell what happened at SAOLA in 2020 and our goals for 2021!
3 years since SAOLA was born, and what a long way to go...
2020 was punctuated by COVID-19 but we didn't give up, we adapted and a lot of good things finally came out of this tormented year.
- As for everyone, we have been strongly impacted by the COVID. Fortunately, the whole team knew how to be reactive. In addition to providing maximum support to our resellers, our website sales took off (really took off!). It was therefore necessary to better manage our supplies and stock shortages in order to best meet your needs. On behalf of the entire team, we are happy to know that we can count on each of you. We can't tell you enough but THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
- Of course, since the beginning of SAOLA, Guillaume has never worked alone (a nod to Mathieu, Maro, Jesse, Xavier and all the Freelancers) but 2020 also marks the arrival of the first two SAOLA employees: Apollo and Maxim . You guessed it, this is synonymous with a very good step forward for SAOLA.
- We donated over $7000 to the Mwalua Wildlfife Trust . Founder Patrick Kilonzo and his team then use this money to dig water sources for wildlife, plant trees and in 2020 even started setting up beehives to help pollination as much as possible.
- New materials have emerged at SAOLA. You have no doubt heard of the banana fibres , hevea milk or beeswax that make the new CANNON BANANA famous ? Well we are not going to stop there. We continue to search for new materials that will revolutionize your vision of the "classic" shoe, and we are on the right track.
- We are working closely with new suppliers in Portugal in order to offer you new models with materials that you did not suspect existed... Stay tuned because for the moment we won't say more;)
- 4.7 out of 5 is the average rating you gave us to describe SAOLA and for that, we thank you! In our view, this is extremely important. We then took your opinions and feedback into account to improve future collections. You will be pleasantly surprised.
- This year also marked the beginning of a new chapter. We have moved to new offices still in Annecy . Result ? More surface area, the possibility of having more stock on site and therefore of delivering to you more quickly and sufficient area to accommodate a string of trainees for the year 2021! We are already delighted to know that young students will join us to share our knowledge and values with them.
In short, a nice little summary of this year. And you know what ? We have lots of projects, we'll give you a few to keep you going:
TOP 5 objectives for 2021:
We hope you have understood that 2021 is going to be very dynamic and that you are going to follow this new chapter of SAOLA closely.